We protect special places, forever.
We want everyone to live in a world filled with green places where communities thrive. We believe that land is essential for all people’s physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. If we don’t protect undeveloped land now, it may be lost forever.
We believe in:
- Conservation: We are champions for conservation and know how to get important tangible results.
- Collaboration: We respect and partner with landowners and people who care about special places.
- Connectedness: We believe we are all connected to the land and each other.
- Commitment: We have the tenacity to overcome obstacles and follow through on our commitments.
- Community: We seek to remove barriers that prevent all people from enjoying the benefits of land, especially those communities historically disenfranchised from land.
We work in Dane County and the surrounding region of southcentral Wisconsin.
We are a results-oriented organization. Since our inception in 1983 (originally as the Dane County Natural Heritage Foundation and later as Natural Heritage Land Trust), we have permanently protected hundreds of special places.
To learn about other land trusts in Wisconsin, please visit Gathering Waters, Wisconsin’s Alliance for Land Trusts.
To learn about other lands in the United States, please visit the Land Trust Alliance.