Groundswell Conservancy is kicking off the new year with some exciting news! After 40 years of conservation success, we’re growing, and we need your help.
We’re looking for four people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who are passionate about protecting special places forever to join our board of directors. We’re also seeking community members to serve on our various committees.
Since 1983, Groundswell Conservancy has protected hundreds of special places in South Central Wisconsin. We work to keep rich farm soils available for farming, help elementary schools in Madison create green schoolyards, manage natural areas to care for wildlife, and connect communities to the land.
We also improve access and land tenure for farmers of color and New American farmers. We work to remove barriers to equitable access to land and nature and strive, every day, to represent the communities we serve.
We’re seeking board and committee members who are:
- Passionate about nature and protecting the environment.
- Committed to expanding access to outdoor spaces for all people.
- Experienced in areas related to Groundswell’s operations, including non-profit management, land management and conservation, agricultural activities, public relations and/or marketing, budgets and investments, community relations, fundraising, human resources, legal issues, or other functional areas.
- Inclusive, engaged, and collaborative.
- Willing to devote time, energy and/or financial resources towards advancing the mission of Groundswell Conservancy.
If you’re interested in learning more, check out the full position description.
Apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to admin@
Applications are due by February 17, 2023.